Boost your blogs!
Blogs continue to be part of your internet marketing arsenal. To get the most out of your blogs, try the following:
- Link banners internally so that your visitors remain in your site while they are taken to a different page. To do this, you need to adjust your links so that they open in a new window without leaving your site.
- Add audio and video to your posts because studies show that the eye is attracted first to a moving object on a web page. Internet users love watching videos and Google ranks webpages with videos well.
- Give your blog a face lift as well with a fresh theme and changes on your side bar.
- Add “Recent posts” because viewers love knowing what’s new on your site.
- Register and get a gravatar or avatar containing your photo which will appear beside your comments.
- Another effective internet marketing technique is to add a “squeeze” after every post. While not all blog readers like it, web site analytics show that it boosts conversions nonetheless.
Adding videos to your website should be on the top of your to-do list this year. Top online retailers reported how video content boost conversions and reduce abandoned shopping cart and product return rates. That’s not all—generating and submitting a video sitemap as well boosts site visibility and search rankings. Learn how to create a video sitemap here.